Monday, December 8, 2008

Bob: my first Foster dog


Bouncy Bob: He was my first foster along with his sister Delilah. I had him for only about a week before he was adopted. He was hilarious! I would take him, Dee, and Twink to the dog park and he would chase everyone and then come and attack his sister. He is so full of life. Just go go go! A great dog and super easy to potty train too! My boys still talk about him. =) He had a 6th toe on one of his feet too. Kinda crazy looking. =)




Delilah: Oh what a sweet little girl. She hardly ever barked at all! She was a snuggler bug. The girls loved her to death. They would "walk" her throughout the house. She was more laid back. The first night here just just came right in and sat by the boys and I swear she watched the rest of the movie with them. =) She finally got her forever home 2 weeks after I had gotten her. She lives with a runner now which is perfect since she has lots of energy and greyhound in her blood




Mickey Mick! He is my 3rd foster dog. He is still up for adoption actually. He was in a fire that claimed the life of his life partner. =( He didn't eat for along time and now he is basically a skeleton with fur. However he is fattening up and loving life. HE is SUPER clingy.=) He loves to follow you everywhere you go. He also LOVES kids, Mick slept with my boys in their beds while he was here. He is great little dog. Never tried to run away (probably because it is snowing outside) He loves his coat and loves being pampered all day. He is great too because he is housebroken! Yeah no messes for me. He is with another foster family now being TOTALLY babied by their 13 year old daughter. =)




Nina: Oh what can I say about her. She had a rough life so far. She was found on the side of the road with another older puppy. He leg was broken. They took her to the pound where due to financial reasons she was going to be put to sleep. Luckily ARC stepped in and I am fostering her. He leg is in fact broken in 2 places up by her hip bone. So she doesn't sure her leg to walk at all and barely puts it on the ground. If that wasn't enough she was pregnant. So she couldn't have anything done really to fix the leg. She gave birth on Saturday to a still born puppy. It was the hardest thing I think I have dealt with in a long time. She just kept licking him trying to revive him. we named him Blitzen and buried him at my childhood home next to my golden retriever under the "dogwood" tree. Rest in Peace little guy.... And though that was hard (understatement of th world) God must be looking out for Nina since she doesn't have a puppy to nurse she can get her leg fixed and find her forever home. Though it is going to have to be a Uber Special family. She is VERY close to my heart. =)

Those are my little lost souls who I have helped become what they were meant to be. Beloved family pets. The more I foster the more pictures and stories i will post. If you have ever though about fostering please do. There are SO many loving and deserving dogs/puppies at shelter just waiting to be rescued by a loving safe home. And dont forget to check out www.arc-ohio.org we have lots of sweet loving loyal dogs ready for their forever and always homes. =)

No comments: